ALABAMA SOCIETY OF HEALTH SYSTEM PHARMACISTS
Invites you to attend a Continuing Education Webinar
December 21, 2018
“Role of Empiric Antibiotics for the Treatment of Acute Pancreatitis and Necrotizing Pancreatitis”
Nesha Patel, Pharm.D.
Pharmacists: 0172-0000-18-055-L01-P 1 hr (0.1 CEU) Knowledge
· Describe the pathophysiology and clinical manifestation of acute pancreatitis
· Discuss the current management of acute pancreatitis
· Evaluate the role of empiric antibiotics for the treatment of acute pancreatitis and necrotizing pancreatitis
Technicians: 0172-0000-18-055-L01-T 1 hr (0.1 CEU) Knowledge
· Define acute pancreatitis and necrotizing pancreatitis
· Identify the causes, including medications, for the development of acute pancreatitis
· List antibiotics that are appropriate for treatment of acute pancreatitis and necrotizing pancreatitis
Free to ALSHP members; non-member $20
Target Audience: This program is a knowledge-based educational program designed for pharmacists and technicians.
Disclosure Policy: It is the policy of AlSHP to ensure balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in all its sponsored or jointly sponsored educational programs. All speakers participating in these programs are expected to disclose to the program audiences any real or apparent conflict (s) of interest related to the content of their presentation (s), including any corporate sponsorship of speakers.
The Alabama Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. In order to obtain credit, the entire program must be attended and an activity evaluation form must be completed. A statement of credit will be mailed within four (4) weeks following the program to participants who successfully complete the activity.