ALSHP Webinar Series
Webinar: June 5, 2020
Time: 12 (noon) to 1 pm CST
Title: What SUP?...With Stress Ulcer Prophylaxis
Speaker: Charles E. DuRant, Jr. PharmD.
Infirmary Health: Thomas Hospital
Targeted Audience: Pharmacist & Technician
Handout: SUP Handout 2020.pdf
• Describe the pathophysiology of an acute stress ulcer
• Review the pharmacology of H2-antogonists, proton pump inhibitors, and sucralfate
• Discuss side-effects and concerns associated with agents used for stress ulcer prophylaxis
• Discuss clinical indications for stress ulcer prophylaxis and review recommended pharmacologic treatment options
• Examine the guidelines and medical-evidence on stress ulcer prophylaxis
• Review when to initiate and when to discontinue stress ulcer prophylaxis
Pharmacist Credit Alabama Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This program is approved for 1 hour (0.1 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credit. Proof of participation will be posted to your NABP CPE profile within 4 to 6 weeks to participants who have successfully completed the requirements. Participants must participate in the entire presentation and complete the course evaluation to receive continuing pharmacy education credit. UAN#0172-0000-20-006-L01-P/T.Date: June 5, 2020
Requirements to earn continuing education credit: Participants must register, participate in the webinar for the full-time, and complete the on-line activity evaluation form. The activity evaluation form must be completed within 14 days of the event to receive continuing education credit.
Go-To-Meeting sign-in information:
What SUP? With Stress Ulcer
Fri, Jun 5, 2020 11:45 AM - 1:15 PM (CDT)
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (224) 501-3412
Access Code: 943-677-997
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts:
This webinar is only available to members.
For more information see attached announcement: pending